Favorite Finds....Mockingjay released! And lots of yumminess!
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
I have been patiently awaiting the release of the 3rd and final book to the Hunger Games seriesMockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games). If you've read the first two books then you know where I'm coming from. However, the second book totally left us all HANGING...seriously if there was ever a cliffhanger book 2 (Catching Fire) had one. The books are super fast reads, but boy, I just can't seem to find the time to read past the first two chapters...but give me the weekend. I sure would love to loose myself in a good book!! On a side note, everyone I've talked to said that this last book is NOT predictable and that loved where the story took them...can't wait.
Peaches N' Cream Muffins
The dynamic duo of Two Peas in Their Pod created this scrumptious treat of Peach n' Cream muffins. I haven't tried them yet, but the thought of them totally makes my mouth water. My husband LOVES peaches so I think I might surprise him with this fun recipe. Here's a recipe link so you can make them too!
Cheesecake Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
One night the darling Teresa Collins (or her cute cohort Stephanie Ackerman) posted a picture of Cheesecake Chocolate-Covered Strawberries on Facebook. I had NEVER heard of these and so wished I was at Teresa's class so I could try them out. But why wouldn't they be yummy...they have cheesecake, strawberries and chocolate! These are super easy to make...
- Whole Strawberries
- Philadelphia Ready-To-Eat Cheesecake filling
- Good Quality Dipping Chocolate (try white chocolate for a fun twist, see image below)
- Wash strawberries and pat dry with paper towel.
- Remove stem from berries and core the center of each berry. Be careful to leave bottom in tact.
- Fill a ziplock baggie with the cheesecake filling and squeeze filling into each berry.
- Melt dipping chocolate (in microwave-safe bowl at 30-second increments until chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Dip strawberries to cover about 3/4 of the berry and place on small baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Fill a second plastic bag with chocolate (regular or white) and drizzle to create design.
- Chill - but set out to room temp before serving.
- You can store these in a sealed container in refrigerator.
Heart Altered Frame
This is so yummy up close, so I cannot even image how cute this would be in person. I found this over on Pursuit of Crafyness blog and she will tell you how to create your own altered heart frame.
King Crab for Dummies
I love crab, but NEVER have I dared to cook my own. Plus I figure it tastes better because other people make it for me and charge me lots of money. However, I did love the title of the post over on "Or So She Says" blog (don't you love that name) and I had to share. Maybe I can get over my fear and try this at home.
Loved this idea and thought how strange it was that for all the clipboard's I've mod podged and all the times I've played with chalkboard paint, I NEVER thought to combine the two. But the cute girls at Little Birdie Secrets featured this idea on their blog and show some additional images and instructions on how to create these.
Cry-baby Kool-aid Cupcakes
Loved the idea behind a Kool-aid cupcake, but Confessions of a Cookbook Queen blog posted these pimped out "cry-baby" versions. That means super SOUR!! Check out what she does to these yummy looking cupcakes to make your lips pucker!