I am very excited to be invited to do a segment on Good Things Utah on Wednesday for Imaginisce. I'll be featuring ideas for Simple Christmas Neighbor Gifts. Best part is that you can make these with very little effort and all of them feature the Gingerbread Village border paper...
Christmas Fudge Gift Idea
This has been one of my favorites over the years and couldn't resist sharing these with everyone. It's super simple and only requires those large candy bars, like a Hershey's bar or Symphony bar. Wrap it with some Cottage Christmas paper and print out the poem (download your copy below).
|love the shiny "sticker glass" on this project
Christmas Fudge Poem
Bucket of Popcorn
My families favorite thing ever are those big buckets of popcorn for Christmas. But when I saw these fun clear paint buckets at Ben Franklin (or Roberts...can't remember) I had to put caramel corn in it and dress it up a little. Again, I've only used a strip of the border paper, added a ruffle and center fan folded flower piece and voila, a darling gift for a friend or neighbor!
I'm going to post a tutorial on how to recreate this fun embellishment next week on my blog...come back and visit to learn how easy these are to recreate!
|Love making these lolli flowers and the ruffled ribbon was the perfect finishing touch under the cardstock sticker!
Washer and Dryer Gift Idea
A good friend of mine, Andrea McAllister gave this darling gift out to her neighbors last year and I had to copy it! In fact, I started shopping for clearance dish clothes and hand towels I could use for this. But it's the darling poem that makes this gift rock. Scroll down to download a copy of the poem to reprint!!
|I used my i-rock tool to add a little BLING to my projects!
Download a copy of this poem to reprint for your neighbor gifts.
Washer and Dryer Neighbor Gift Poem
Fillable Paint Bucket Instructions
This project was the one that we showed and assembled on air. The directions are on the Good Things Utah website, but here's the information for my readers as well. I'll post the GTU video as soon as it is available.
2 - Gingerbread Village 12x12 Paper
1 - Swirly Snowflakes 12x12 Paper
1 - Holly Jolly Sticker Stacker
1 - Glitz Snowflakes
1 - Holiday Garland Ribbon
I-rock Mirror Glam Rocks
Red, Green, White 3” Tulle, Bazzill Basics
- Trim one 12” and one 6” piece of the the gingerbread house border strips and adhere together to make a long strip. You will need two sheets of this paper to create a strip long enough to wrap around the paint bucket.
- Trim two 1 x 12” and two 1 x 6” strips of the Swirly Snowflakes paper with scallop scissors or punch along one edge
- Adhere one 6” and one 12” strip of the red scallop border strip together and then adhere to the bottom edge of gingerbread village border strip.
- Adhere a second 6” and 12” strip of the red scallop border together that will be used along the bottom edge of the paint bucket.
- Add some bling! Use the i-rock tool and mirror glam rocks to heat set a gem to each scallop.
- Adhere gingerbread strip along top edge of bucket and red scallop border along bottom of paint bucket.
- Place “holiday Wishes” sticker stacker to top of bucket.
- Use i-rock to embellish sticker.
- Add Glitz Snowflake to sticker stacker.
- Tie tulle and Holiday Garland ribbon to handle of paint bucket as shown.
- Add candy cane or small ornament to complete!
Hot cocoa is a big hit at our house during the winter and we never have enough of it. How easy is it to take your scraps of paper and wrap the containers. I then tied some of my bakers twine around the container and strung Holiday Wishes Chipboard Stickers and a candy cane to the front. Note: You'll want to peal the adhesive backing off the chipboard stickers and punch a hole through the top!
Cookie Box Gift Idea
Fill a plain box with treats you purchased or made and wrap it with one of the paper border strips, add a little bling with your i-rock tool and embellish with rub-ons and stickers.
post about it on their blog and I found out it's part of their "So Delish" Collection.
3 Holiday Traditional 6x6 Mini Album KITS with an i-rock tools (you need one to complete the album)! This giveaway of course is sponsored by Imaginisce and this is how you can enter!
1. Go check out the 12 Days of Christmas posts on the Imaginisce Blog and let us know what you've like the most!
2. Follow my blog (and leave a little comment LOVE)
3. Follow Imaginisce's blog
Enter a comment for each thing you complete! We'll announce the winner on Monday, December 9th.